The Clare Memorial Library and Information Centre is an attractive, well-resourced, welcoming environment where students work within a peaceful atmosphere that is conducive to study. The aim of the library is to offer something to interest and engage everyone who walks through our door. This is reflected in our broad range of resources and activities, which embrace the cultural and academic diversity of the school community.
Supporting the curriculum.
- KS3/5 Induction sessions
- KS 3/4/5 Reading Lists available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research and study skills sessions
- GCSE support section
- Sixth Form texts
Extra-curricular enrichment activities.
- Author visits
- Shadowing Essex based book awards
- Shadowing the CILIP Carnegie book awards
- Scholastic Book Fairs
- Student Librarians
- Seating to accommodate 93 students
- A computerised online catalogue of the library's 14000 print resources
- Eleven networked computers for curriculum use with filtered Internet access
- Wi-Fi access
- A colour laser printer, photocopier and scanner
- Audiovisual and multimedia materials, including educational DVDs, CD audio books
- A Careers and Further Education section
- A curriculum based periodical and magazine section for both research and leisure reading
- A comprehensive reference collection for research, which includes encyclopaedias and dictionaries
- Daily Newspapers
- Online resources for homework/research
- Well-Being section containing a mix of fiction and non-fiction resources
- Large print, EAL and dyslexia friendly resources
- The library is open Monday - Friday between 8:30 am and 3:10pm.